- Published on 01 May 2019
- About ARTEMIS
ARTEMIS Scientific Council appointed
Last month ARTEMIS appointed six expert members who together form the ‘ARTEMIS Scientific Council’. Together they will act as the Scientific Council with the mission to advise the ARTEMIS Steering Board in all matters related to science and medium- to long-term developments in programmes and projects relevant for the Association. The ARTEMIS Scientific Council (ACF) will be chaired by Dr. Dimitros Serpanos, Professor at the Electric & Computer Engineer department of the University of Patras.
In this council knowledge is the key. All experts together support ARTEMIS with long term vision, focusing on TRL1-3. They provide guidance and comments on the medium- and long-term research priorities and can decide to set up various focus teams to provide better advice in selected work areas.
Collectively all members are an appropriate representation of the European electronic and components and systems value chain with their scientific and technical expertise in collaborative R&D&I programmes. The Scientific Council members are appointed by the Artemis Steering Board.
ARTEMIS Scientific Council Members:
- Jon Perez IK4-Ikerlan (Spain) - Dependable embedded systems
- Professor Markus Tauber - AIT (Austria) - Security in automation and digitalisation solutions
- Stefan Van Baelen, IMEC (Belgium)
- Gianluigi Ferrari , Università di Parma (Italy) - Telecommunications and Internet of Things
- Dimitrios Serpanos, Professor at the Electric & Computer Engineering department of the University of Patras (Greece)
- George Nikolakopoulos, LTU (Sweden) - Control in continuous production and automotive